On this week
Click here for current church weekly notices.
Click here for monthly service rota.
Click here for Archbishop's Visit.
Clogs and Duffers Share Section
Week 1: 01/02/18
- Track time: Nela Fantasia song by Red Hurley. Suggested by Aandrew H. Red Hurley Website
- Simply Informed: Thorton Reservoir. Thornton Water Website
- Simply Informed: Draycote Water. Draycote Water Website
- Techno Talk: How to access a smart device if your eyesight is not what is should be. Smart Devices and Accessibility
Week 2: 08/02/18
- Track time: CD Title: Lux by Voces8 Trk 3: Elgar: Lux Aeterna (Nimrod). Suggested by Marian B. Voces8 Website
- Track time: Youtube: VOCES8 performs 'Lux Aeterna' by Edward Elgar live at the Gresham Centre in London. Suggested by MB. VOCES8: Lux Aeterna - Edward Elgar
- Simply Informed: Calke Abbey: The Un-Stately Home. National Trust - Calke Abbey Website
- Techno Talk: What is Cloud Computing. BBC Webwise: What is Cloud Computing
Week 3: 15/02/18
- Track time: Ladies in Lavender, Violin Joshua Bell, Music Nigel Hess. Suggested by Martin B. Ladies in Lavender, Violin Joshua Bell, Music Nigel Hess
- Track time: Ladies in Lavender, Music Nigel Hess. Original sound track: Suggested by Martin B. Ladies in Lavender [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
- Simply Informed: Leicester Parks. Watermead Country Park
- Simply Informed: Watermead Park: Leicester. watermead-visitor-information
- Techno Talk: What is Google Chromecast Google Chromecast
Week 4: 22/02/18
- Track time: Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree sung by Tony Orlando. Suggested by Andrew H. Tony Orlando & Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree 1973
- Simply Informed: Wistow Rural Centre. EAT, DRINK & SHOP AT Wistow Rural Centre EAT, DRINK & SHOP AT Wistow Rural Centre
- Techno Talk: Internet Cameras. How does Peer to Peer work (P2P)
Week 5: 01/03/18
Cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. Will resume next week.
Week 6: 08/08/18
- CPR Training by John Smallwood The British Heart Foundation
- CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. It’s a life saving medical procedure which is given to someone who is in cardiac arrest. It helps to pump blood around the person's body when their heart can’t.
- How to do CPR
Never do nothing! To perform CPR, follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Shake and shout:
Check for a response – gently shake the person’s shoulders and ask loudly 'are you alright?'.
Shout for help – if someone is nearby, ask them to stay as you might need them. If you are alone, shout loudly to attract attention, but don't leave the person.
Step 2: Check for normal breathing.
Regular chest movements.
Listening for breathing.
Feeling for breath on your cheek.
Look, listen and feel for no more than 10 seconds. Don’t confuse gasps with normal breathing.
If you’re not sure if their breathing is normal, act as if it's not normal.
Step 3: Call 999.
Step 4: Give 30 chest compressions.
Step 5: Give two rescue breaths.
Step 6: Repeat Steps 4 and 5, until an ambulance arrives.
Week 7: 15/03/18
- Track time: Never Give . A truly inspiring real life story. Suggested by Andrew H. Nick Vujicic
- Track time: Tommy Emmanuel. Suggested by Andrew H. Tommy Emmanuel live Guitar Boogie Amazing Grace
- Simply Informed: Book: Suprised by Hope. By Tom Wright. Book Review
- Simply Informed: Book: Suprised by Hope. Amazon. Purchase from Amazon
- Simply Informed: Stoney Cove at the UK National Dive Centre Stoney Cove Dive Centre
- Simply Informed: Papplewick Pumping Station, an outstanding example of Ornate Victorian Architecture, opened in 1884, with two unique Watts Rotative Beam Engines. Papplewick Pumping Station.
SWANS (Singing With A New Spirit)
A new singing workshop for people living with dementia, brain injuries and also their their carers.
£2.50 each including refreshments 1pm - 2pm, then continue from 2pm until 3pm to sing songs together.
We meet at: St. James Church Community Centre.
Every Tuesday. Excluding school holidays. For more information contact:
Accessibility Page Control Section
Keyboard control (Chrome/Safari): Screen Speak - Press ALT + s, Pause Audio - Press Alt + p. To reset/reload page activate the Reload Page button below.
Every Tuesday. Excluding school holidays.
For more information contact: email@example.comPress here for more information
Use search box below for searching the content of this site
Copyright © Simply Informed 2010